We are pleased to announce the release of
* Gfarm file system version 2.7.1
* Gfarm file system version 2.6.16
* Gfarm Zabbix plugin version 4.0.0
This Gfarm release includes destination schedule update of gfpcopy to
exclude busy hosts, and other useful updates and bug fixes.
Gfarm Zabbix plugin fixes issues with Template OS Linux, and enhances
the silent data corruption support to alert every checksum mismatch
error without any summarization.
We recommend for all users to upgrade to this version.
Release note for Gfarm 2.7.1 and 2.6.16
* gfpcopy, gfprep – do not copy to busy hosts by default. This will
be disabled by -B option
* gfpcopy, gfprep – -I option to specify interval to collect host
information. Default is 300 seconds.
* gfsd – adjust log level for non-critical replication failure
* incorrect metadb_server_list causes assertion failure
Release note for Gfarm Zabbix plugin 4.0.0
* restructure the templates.
Template_Gfarm_linux, which enables detection of some critical problems,
can coexist with “Template OS Linux” with this change.
The definitions which cannot coexist with “Template OS Linux” are
moved to the Template_gfarm*_alt templates. (e.g. Template_Gfarm_linux_alt)
[sf.net ticket #966]
* make Template_Gfarm_linux treat “I/O error” message from kernel
as “high” priority problem instead of an “average” problem.
[sf.net ticket #930]
* make Template_Gfarm_linux detect “bio too big device” message from kernel.
which shows a critical problem about the stroage. [sf.net ticket #931]
* make Template_Gfarm_linux detect “XFS: Internal error” message from kernel.
[sf.net ticket #976]
* report all critical “checksum mismatch” errors from gfmd,
all critical write_verify related errors from gfsd, and
all “Input/output error” / “Stale file handle” errors from gfsd
without any summarization. [sf.net ticket #977]
* improve installation procedure [sf.net ticket #932]
* clarify macro settings [sf.net ticket #945]